Home Affordable Mortgage Program (HARP)
The Home Affordable Mortgage Program, or HARP, was set up by the Federal Housing Finance Agency in 2009 to provide assistance for underwater and near-underwater homeowners to refinance their mortgages into a fixed loan with lower monthly payments. HARP is targeted for homeowners who are current on their monthly mortgage payments but are unable to refinance their home due to dropped home prices in the current situation of the U. S. housing market.
The easiest way to find out if you qualify is to contact one of our mortgage loan officers here at Providence Home Lending. Then allow us to do the research for you! Some of the things necessary to qualify include:
- You must have closed your loan on or before May 31, 2009
- Your current loan is for less than $417,000
- You are current on home loan payments
- You have not made a late payment within the past 6 months
- You have not made more than one late payment in the past 12 months
- Fill out the contact form!
***Your home mortgage must be owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, and it must have been sold to either of them prior to June 1, 2009. You can determine whether your mortgage is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac by checking the following websites:
- Freddie Mac: freddiemac.com/mymortgage 1-800-FREDDIE
- Fannie Mae: fanniemae.com/loanlookup 1-800-7FANNIE
Refinancing your loan may feel like a stressful and complicated process, but we have it streamlined for you to take the stress away. Let our team guide you through the mortgage maze, step by step, keeping you informed throughout the process. Relax, we got this!
Please contact us today, and we will have one of our local mortgage professionals reach out to you.
We look forward to “Helping You Finance the way Home”℠.